When it comes to buying meat you have two main options – a supermarket or a butcher. Although many people think that supermarket meat is cheaper, here are five reasons why using a butcher might be a better choice:
- Quality – Butcher meat is generally fresher and of higher quality than meat purchased at a supermarket. It is also responsibly sourced and our meat only comes from our group of carefully selected suppliers who have animal welfare at the heart of what they do.
- Selection – Butchers offer many more many more options than the supermarket. Being meat specialists we can provide a diverse selection of products, specialty items and seasonal produce.
- Economy – Buying from a local butcher rather than from a supermarket chain helps boost the local economy. By using a traditional butcher you are putting more money in to the pockets of smaller family run businesses and farmers, and less into the large meat suppliers and distributors.
- Customer Service – Butchers are highly skilled and very knowledgeable about their product. They want to provide you with the best product they possibly can so are generally happy to provide tips on the best cuts for your needs, the best way to cook each product and deal with special requests.
- Cost – Buying meat from a butcher can be just as affordable as buying from the supermarket. Butchers can suggest alternative cuts of meat that are cheaper but have just as much flavour. They also have regular special offers that can help you save and with higher overall quality you definitely get more for your money!
Try it for yourself and shop local now …